House of Bruar
If you are heading north towards Aviemore or further into the Highlands at the start of your holiday, or south at the end of it, or if you are looking for a special day out from Central Scotland, then The House of Bruar is for you. Quite simply, it is the perfect place to take a break, walk the dog and see the spectacular waterfalls immortalised by Robert Burns in his poem “The Humble Petition of Bruar Water”, before enjoying an outstanding meal, stocking up with delicious foodstuffs for your holiday...and partaking in some serious retail therapy!
Sitting like a grand Edwardian shooting lodge at the foot of the spectacular Falls of Bruar on the main A9 trunk road, 11 miles north
of Pitlochry, The House of Bruar is widely regarded as Scotland’s most prestigious independent store. Indeed, it has been described as “The Harrods of the North”.
You will find a variety of halls:
- The Country Clothing Hall sells a wide range of clothing using the finest fabrics like cashmere, wool and tweeds
- The wonderful Country Living Hall is full of delights for the home.
- The Art Gallery is a pleasure, incorporating the most comprehensive range of modern British painters, with the emphasis on Scotland and its wildlife.
- The Food Hall is packed full of goodies to make your holiday special or to take home as gifts for family and friends.
- The Restaurant sells outstanding, wholesome food that appeals to all ages and tastes.
The House of Bruar
By Blair Atholl
Situated off the A9, 11 miles north of Pitlochry, Perthshire.
Open seven days a week (excluding Christmas Day and New Year’s Day).
Monday 15th November 2010 until Sunday 22nd May 2011
Restaurant and Food Hall open 9.30am – 5.00pm
All other Halls 10.00am – 5.00pm
Monday 23rd May 2011 until Sunday 13th November 2011
Restaurant and Food Hall open 8.30am – 6.00pm
All other Halls 9.30am – 6.00pm
Tel: (01796) 483236