Book / View Availability
Please contact us by clicking here and we will help book your holiday.
|- - Available|
|- - Not available|
|- - Your holiday can start on this day|
|From Date||To Date||Weekly Rate||Deposit|
|Sun 07 Feb 2016||Sat 19 Mar 2016||£1,671||£505|
|Sun 20 Mar 2016||Sat 09 Apr 2016||£1,890||£570|
|Sun 10 Apr 2016||Sat 21 May 2016||£1,798||£540|
|Sun 22 May 2016||Sat 18 Jun 2016||£1,994||£600|
|Sun 19 Jun 2016||Sat 24 Sep 2016||£2,536||£765|
|Sun 25 Sep 2016||Sat 08 Oct 2016||£1,798||£540|
|Sun 09 Oct 2016||Sat 29 Oct 2016||£1,671||£505|
|Sun 30 Oct 2016||Mon 19 Dec 2016||£1,481||£445|
|Tue 20 Dec 2016||Mon 26 Dec 2016||£2,982||£895|
|Tue 27 Dec 2016||Mon 02 Jan 2017||£2,982||£895|
Set in a stunning location on the banks of the River Lochy with clear views to Ben Nevis, Camisky Lodge has been transformed into a breathtaking self catering holiday retreat, close to Fort William.
Built in 1870 as the primary fishing lodge for the River Lochy and once host to the Prince of Wales and Wallis Simpson, Camisky has now been fully renovated to a very high standard with great attention to detail creating the ideal location for a memorable family holiday, special occasion or a house party of friends. Wonderfully secluded along a quiet glen, this fabulous Highland house is only 7 miles from the thriving town of Fort William.
The wonderfully proportioned rooms have all been beautifully decorated and elegantly furnished and the large bay windows not only give fabulous views but also allow natural light to flow through and fill the house. Throughout, the interiors are immaculately presented yet wonderfully relaxed and welcoming.
The graceful dining room with its rich coloured walls and large mahogany table is perfect for long memorable dinners and the delightful drawing room provides the perfect backdrop for relaxed conversation. There are many further rooms including a second sitting room, ideal for those wishing to play games or watch television, and the morning room creates the perfect retreat for guests wanting extra peace and quiet in front of a roaring open fire. The large traditional conservatory porch is very much geared toward the outdoors with lots of hanging space and a heated drying cupboard. All the bedrooms are extremely comfortable and strikingly decorated and the spacious master bedroom boasts a Jacobean four poster bed. The well designed kitchen, with its large wooden table and Aga, is fully equipped to cater for every cook’s needs.
With an abundant supply of hot water, full central heating and 4 cosy open fires, this sensational Scottish holiday house is perfect for all seasons and ideal for those who love the great outdoors or the keen skier with Nevis Ski Resort just a few miles away. Camisky Lodge gives delightful self catering holiday accommodation and provides the perfect opportunity to enjoy this historically magical part of Scotland in blissful comfort and elegant style.
Conservatory porch with heated drying cupboard, morning room with open fire, drawing room with open fire, dining room with open fire, sitting room with TV & open fire & study with TV, dog’s room with sink, kitchen with 4 oven electric Aga plus larder & utility room, butler’s pantry with dishwasher & fridge, cloakroom with WC & WHB.
Master bedroom with Jacobean four poster bed & en-suite bathroom (bath, shower, WC, bidet & WHB), two king size bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms (bath, over bath shower, WC & WHB), 4 twin bedrooms and two family bathrooms (bath, over bath shower, WC & WHB).
Large paved terrace along front of house overlooking river with steps down to pathway leading to riverbank. The house is surrounded by 5 acres of informal grounds and open farmland.
Additional housekeeping available by separate arrangement.
Refundable extra charge: Good Housekeeping Deposit £500 payable to owner.
Holiday Protection Scheme
Holiday Protection Scheme
Cottages & Castles Ltd. (acting as agents for property owners) provides a guarantee for tenants who have to cancel their holiday at a cottage.
If it is necessary to cancel your holiday, for any of the reasons A 1-5 below, you may do so at any time up until the close of business on the last working day before your tenancy commences and we will refund your balance. Your deposit is not refundable. If you have made a late booking and paid in full you will receive your payment minus the normal deposit sum (usually 30%).
There is no charge for this holiday protection – it is included in the cost of your holiday. Please note that the protection does not apply to holidays in our properties with codes beginning with P (usually castles, mansions and lodges).
Deposits may be transferred to a different date for a holiday at the same property within 12 months of the original holiday date, subject to availability, but not, however, for a different property. If the new booking is at a higher rate the tenant must pay the extra cost. No refund will be made if the new date is at a lower rate.
1. Death, accidental bodily injury, or illness (excluding pre-existing or chronic illness/conditions, or illness arising through epidemics or pandemics)
a) the Proposer and/or persons with whom he/she has arranged to travel.
b) any close relative or business associate of the Proposer or of any person with whom he/she has arranged to travel or arranged to meet at the specified holiday establishment. We will require appropriate documentary evidence of illness or bodily injury from a registered medical practitioner. This evidence must state that the Proposer is unfit to travel.
2. Jury service, witness call or unemployment through redundancy of the Proposer after the date of booking and prior to the commencement date of the holiday.
3. Fire or theft which is the subject of an insurance claim at the Insured’s main residence or business premises within seven days before commencement of the holiday.
4. Occupational postings not contemplated at the time the holiday is booked.
5. Cancellation or curtailment of scheduled transport services due to strikes, riots or civil commotion, but limited to the cost of alternative transport up to £50 per person for the outward journey only.
But not, however:
1. Disinclination to travel.
2. Failure of public or private transport.
3. Suicide, attempted suicide, insanity, the influence of intoxicating liquor or the effect of drugs not taken in accordance with treatment prescribed and directed by a qualified medical practitioner or booking a holiday which is or would be against the advice of a registered medical practitioner.
4. Pregnancy unless problems occur which prevent the person travelling. A verification must be signed by a registered medical practitioner to this effect
5. Any loss which is otherwise insured.
6. Holiday accommodation booked outside Great Britain, Northern Ireland, Isle of Man and the Channel Islands