Book / View Availability
Please contact us by clicking here and we will help book your holiday.
|- - Available|
|- - Not available|
|- - Your holiday can start on this day|
|From Date||To Date||Weekly Rate||Deposit|
|Sat 07 Jan 2017||Fri 31 Mar 2017||£1,350||£405|
|Sat 01 Apr 2017||Fri 21 Apr 2017||£2,200||£660|
|Sat 22 Apr 2017||Fri 26 May 2017||£1,800||£540|
|Sat 27 May 2017||Fri 02 Jun 2017||£2,200||£660|
|Sat 03 Jun 2017||Fri 07 Jul 2017||£1,900||£570|
|Sat 08 Jul 2017||Fri 01 Sep 2017||£2,200||£660|
|Sat 02 Sep 2017||Fri 29 Sep 2017||£1,900||£570|
|Sat 30 Sep 2017||Fri 13 Oct 2017||£1,800||£540|
|Sat 14 Oct 2017||Fri 27 Oct 2017||£1,900||£570|
|Sat 28 Oct 2017||Fri 22 Dec 2017||£1,350||£405|
|Sat 23 Dec 2017||Fri 29 Dec 2017||£2,300||£690|
|Sat 30 Dec 2017||Fri 05 Jan 2018||£2,300||£690|
Kirkton House is a delightful Scottish manse set in 3 acres of glorious mature gardens. Fully renovated, the interiors are immaculately presented yet wonderfully relaxed and welcoming. The large sash windows allow the summer light to flood in and give lovely views across the garden while the traditional working shutters keep the house invitingly warm at night.
With a wide choice of rooms, this wonderfully atmospheric country house caters for all occasions and ages, including young children and small babies. The fantastic, fully equipped open plan kitchen with its cosy AGA leads through to a wonderful conservatory with a large dining table and relaxed seating from where you can enjoy the lovely garden and views whatever the weather. Happy evenings can be spent in the elegantly furnished drawing room which boasts comfortable deep sofas and the large dining room is ideal for holiday dining and special occasions. The second equally elegant family sitting room presents the perfect retreat for guests wanting extra peace and quiet in front of a roaring open fire. With full central heating and cosy open fires this sensational Scottish holiday house is perfect for all seasons.
There are 6 bedrooms laid out on two floors sleeping up to 12 adults with 2 additional beds for children. Each bedroom is extremely comfortable and strikingly decorated with lovely fabrics and elegant furniture. The two main bedrooms enjoy their own bathrooms and pretty views over the garden, and the remaining bedrooms share the stylish family bathroom with its sumptuously large walk-in shower and bath.
Great care and attention has been taken to ensure a memorable home from home self-catering holiday, and with many thoughtful extras. Beautiful crisp linen and fluffy towels, luxury toiletries, books, DVDs, games and toys are just some of what is provided to welcome you. Not only is this a glorious place for children who can run freely through the large garden, play in the pretty burn or bounce on the trampoline but it is also a perfect base from which to discover all the history and magic that Dumfries and Galloway, and the Scottish Borders have to offer.
Entrance hall; utility/drying room; large open plan kitchen (with AGA & island seating for 4) leading through to conservatory dining and seating area (table seats 12) with French doors to garden; cloakroom (WC & WHB), large inner hall, sitting room (with open fire & TV), formal dining room (seats 12 with open fire), large drawing room (with log burner & TV); large inner hall (suitable play area).
Super king bedroom with adjacent bathroom (bath with double-headed shower over, WC & WHB); master king bedroom with en-suite bathroom (claw foot bath, walk-in shower, WC & WHB); king-size bedroom; double bedroom; family bathroom (large walk-in shower, bath, WC & WHB).
2 twin bedrooms each with an additional pull-out single 3\' truckle bed (plus a toddler bed/cot bed)
Holiday Protection Scheme
Holiday Protection Scheme
Cottages & Castles Ltd. (acting as agents for property owners) provides a guarantee for tenants who have to cancel their holiday at a cottage.
If it is necessary to cancel your holiday, for any of the reasons A 1-5 below, you may do so at any time up until the close of business on the last working day before your tenancy commences and we will refund your balance. Your deposit is not refundable. If you have made a late booking and paid in full you will receive your payment minus the normal deposit sum (usually 30%).
There is no charge for this holiday protection – it is included in the cost of your holiday. Please note that the protection does not apply to holidays in our properties with codes beginning with P (usually castles, mansions and lodges).
Deposits may be transferred to a different date for a holiday at the same property within 12 months of the original holiday date, subject to availability, but not, however, for a different property. If the new booking is at a higher rate the tenant must pay the extra cost. No refund will be made if the new date is at a lower rate.
1. Death, accidental bodily injury, or illness (excluding pre-existing or chronic illness/conditions, or illness arising through epidemics or pandemics)
a) the Proposer and/or persons with whom he/she has arranged to travel.
b) any close relative or business associate of the Proposer or of any person with whom he/she has arranged to travel or arranged to meet at the specified holiday establishment. We will require appropriate documentary evidence of illness or bodily injury from a registered medical practitioner. This evidence must state that the Proposer is unfit to travel.
2. Jury service, witness call or unemployment through redundancy of the Proposer after the date of booking and prior to the commencement date of the holiday.
3. Fire or theft which is the subject of an insurance claim at the Insured’s main residence or business premises within seven days before commencement of the holiday.
4. Occupational postings not contemplated at the time the holiday is booked.
5. Cancellation or curtailment of scheduled transport services due to strikes, riots or civil commotion, but limited to the cost of alternative transport up to £50 per person for the outward journey only.
But not, however:
1. Disinclination to travel.
2. Failure of public or private transport.
3. Suicide, attempted suicide, insanity, the influence of intoxicating liquor or the effect of drugs not taken in accordance with treatment prescribed and directed by a qualified medical practitioner or booking a holiday which is or would be against the advice of a registered medical practitioner.
4. Pregnancy unless problems occur which prevent the person travelling. A verification must be signed by a registered medical practitioner to this effect
5. Any loss which is otherwise insured.
6. Holiday accommodation booked outside Great Britain, Northern Ireland, Isle of Man and the Channel Islands