Book / View Availability
Please contact us by clicking here and we will help book your holiday.
|- - Available|
|- - Not available|
|- - Your holiday can start on this day|
|From Date||To Date||Weekly Rate||Deposit|
|Sat 11 Feb 2017||Fri 07 Apr 2017||£370||£115|
|Sat 08 Apr 2017||Fri 28 Apr 2017||£370||£115|
|Sat 29 Apr 2017||Fri 26 May 2017||£370||£115|
|Sat 27 May 2017||Fri 02 Jun 2017||£385||£120|
|Sat 03 Jun 2017||Fri 23 Jun 2017||£385||£120|
|Sat 24 Jun 2017||Fri 08 Sep 2017||£400||£120|
|Sat 09 Sep 2017||Fri 22 Sep 2017||£385||£120|
|Sat 23 Sep 2017||Fri 06 Oct 2017||£370||£115|
|Sat 07 Oct 2017||Fri 27 Oct 2017||£370||£115|
|Sat 28 Oct 2017||Fri 10 Nov 2017||£370||£115|
|Sat 11 Nov 2017||Wed 20 Dec 2017||£370||£115|
|Thu 21 Dec 2017||Wed 27 Dec 2017||£450||£135|
|Thu 28 Dec 2017||Wed 03 Jan 2018||£450||£135|
This delightful newly built, single-story cottage is well laid out and has been comfortably furnished and carefully equipped with everything needed for a relaxed self-catering holiday. The wood burning stove in the spacious open plan living area creates a cosy atmosphere for relaxing after an exhilarating day out and about and the paved patio is glorious for sitting out and soaking up the beautiful unspoilt surroundings.
Located half a mile down a private track Slate Cottage sits adjacent to the owner’s holiday cottage.
A short walk down a steep path will take you to a small loch which was once the site of a 19th century slate quarry. This hidden natural landscape provides a wonderful opportunity to spot some of the magical wildlife that thrives here including roe deer, red squirrels, pine marten and many varieties of birds.
Whether it’s a relaxing short break, an active holiday or a romantic weekend, Slate Cottage creates a glorious setting.
Also available and adjacent is Dunamuck Cottage, which sleeps up to 4 guests.
Last minute and short breaks welcome - must be booked per Cottages and Castles Sales Team: 01738 451 610
Entrance hall with coat hanging and boot storage, twin bedroom, large bathroom/wet room with waterfall shower, wc & whb, open plan living area with 3-steps leading from kitchen down to dining/sitting room with wood-burning stove and door leading to paved patio with garden furniture
Fold down trundle bed available.
Parents please note: there is a steep hill near the cottage that leads down to the loch - your child must be supervised at all times.
Things To Do In The Area - Nearby Events & Attractions
Famous for its stunning scenery and dramatic history this area of Argyll offers visitors a great variety of activities and days out. The surrounding area has numerous hill and forest walks, mountain biking, wildlife and fishing as well as loch cruises, wonderful gardens and ruined castles. The Crinan Canal has been described as Britain’s most beautiful shortcut and its towpath is perfect for walks and cycling and happy days can be spent on the nearby sandy beach. Explore the natural beauty of the area with its many birds and local wildlife such as otters, seals, owls, beavers and small red deer.
Visit the amazing prehistoric remains in Kilmartin Glen or the harbour town of Oban where you can catch a ferry to Mull, Iona and the Inner Hebrides. Travel south to the Mull of Kintyre and enjoy the many deserted sandy beaches or visit the island of Islay, Jura or Gigha.
Charter a boat from Crinan Harbour and set off for a day’s fishing, wildlife watching, island hopping or experience the famous Gulf of Corrievreckan with its whirlpools and standing waves. You have every chance of spotting eagles, dolphins or whales.
Holiday Protection Scheme
Holiday Protection Scheme
Cottages & Castles Ltd. (acting as agents for property owners) provides a guarantee for tenants who have to cancel their holiday at a cottage.
If it is necessary to cancel your holiday, for any of the reasons A 1-5 below, you may do so at any time up until the close of business on the last working day before your tenancy commences and we will refund your balance. Your deposit is not refundable. If you have made a late booking and paid in full you will receive your payment minus the normal deposit sum (usually 30%).
There is no charge for this holiday protection – it is included in the cost of your holiday. Please note that the protection does not apply to holidays in our properties with codes beginning with P (usually castles, mansions and lodges).
Deposits may be transferred to a different date for a holiday at the same property within 12 months of the original holiday date, subject to availability, but not, however, for a different property. If the new booking is at a higher rate the tenant must pay the extra cost. No refund will be made if the new date is at a lower rate.
1. Death, accidental bodily injury, or illness (excluding pre-existing or chronic illness/conditions, or illness arising through epidemics or pandemics)
a) the Proposer and/or persons with whom he/she has arranged to travel.
b) any close relative or business associate of the Proposer or of any person with whom he/she has arranged to travel or arranged to meet at the specified holiday establishment. We will require appropriate documentary evidence of illness or bodily injury from a registered medical practitioner. This evidence must state that the Proposer is unfit to travel.
2. Jury service, witness call or unemployment through redundancy of the Proposer after the date of booking and prior to the commencement date of the holiday.
3. Fire or theft which is the subject of an insurance claim at the Insured’s main residence or business premises within seven days before commencement of the holiday.
4. Occupational postings not contemplated at the time the holiday is booked.
5. Cancellation or curtailment of scheduled transport services due to strikes, riots or civil commotion, but limited to the cost of alternative transport up to £50 per person for the outward journey only.
But not, however:
1. Disinclination to travel.
2. Failure of public or private transport.
3. Suicide, attempted suicide, insanity, the influence of intoxicating liquor or the effect of drugs not taken in accordance with treatment prescribed and directed by a qualified medical practitioner or booking a holiday which is or would be against the advice of a registered medical practitioner.
4. Pregnancy unless problems occur which prevent the person travelling. A verification must be signed by a registered medical practitioner to this effect
5. Any loss which is otherwise insured.
6. Holiday accommodation booked outside Great Britain, Northern Ireland, Isle of Man and the Channel Islands