We love it when groups of friends and families book large houses through us as that are exactly what they are for – getting people together for fun and laughter to make memories that will last a lifetime.
Whether you are celebrating a birthday, a wedding anniversary, New Year’s Eve or an overdue group reunion then it is worth thinking about a party house in Scotland to gather together in. The standard of Scottish accommodation these days is remarkable, and you can spend a week or long weekend in a luxury party house with all the mod cons, comfortable furnishings, wonderful surroundings and quite often spa facilities – all for a reasonable price! Add to that privacy and flexibility and you’re winning!
We have many outstanding properties for larger groups dotted all over Scotland but here are some of our holiday-home highlights which we consider to be the best large Scottish party houses for celebrations.
Sleeps 10 in Culloden, Highlands
This is a lovely property set on the shores of the Inverness Firth enjoying views over to Inverness, Kessock Bridge and the Black Isle. Lovingly refurbished with contemporary décor, this party house with a hot tub is light and airy throughout and the setting is perfect for spotting bottlenose dolphins and seals. You can have the best of both worlds here: privacy and seclusion with your own in-house entertainment but also, being 3.5 miles from Inverness, you have city entertainment at your fingertips too!
“BBQ shed was perfect and even when the weather wasn’t too good, it was a great place to sit and eat. The hot tub was great to sit and admire the views too.” August 2019
- Private wood-fired hot tub
- BBQ hut with direct access to beach
- Large living room with space for dancing
- TV and built-in wall fire for cosy movie nights
- Close to Inverness for bars, restaurants, night clubs and cinema
Sleeps 10 in Perth, Perthshire
Set on the edge of the pretty village of Tibbermore, this absolutely beautiful cottage makes a great holiday retreat for a family or a group of friends looking for an idyllic holiday home in Perthshire. It’s been charmingly furnished and beautifully decorated which makes it a stylish place to stay as well as being well set up for group gatherings. Although secluded, when staying here you are close to Gleneagles for golf, the River Tay for keen anglers and Perth is close by for leisure and shopping facilities.
“Great place to stay, very modern and well equipped. We were there with family and the property had everything to suit all ages.” September 2019
- Private enclosed garden with two seating areas
- Snug/games room with table football and TV
- Close to Scone Palace and many championship golf courses
- Close to Loch Lomond and the Trossachs National Park for outdoor pursuits
- West Powbridge is next door sleeping 18 for extra-large group visits.
*Please note that stag/hen parties are not permitted at this house
Sleeps 14 in Gullane, Edinburgh and Lothians
This is a sensational property located in Gullane - luxurious and stylish, and within easy reach of Scotland’s capital, Edinburgh. Being one of our luxury party houses, the property will WOW with its stylish interior, private cinema room and indoor swimming pool. The property hosts can arrange special celebrations for golfing and corporate groups, or for families who want to simply enjoy a relaxed holiday in this magnificent region.
Book a stay here and be the first to review on our website!
- Private cinema room for movie nights
- 15-metre indoor swimming pool, steam room and sauna
- Private chef by arrangement
- 40-minute drive to Edinburgh for day trips/nights out
- Seated BBQ and fire pit terrace.
Sleeps 14 in Kingussie, Cairngorm National Park
This is a stylish, rural party lodge well set up to welcome a large group to have a relaxing and fun stay within its walls. It is bright and spacious with large living areas and a formal dining room for celebration meals. Well equipped with on-site entertainment, you can spend lots of time at the house, but equally you are close to the Highland towns of Kingussie and Aviemore where you will find pubs, restaurants, shops and ample outdoor activity companies. Inverness isn’t far either!
“The perfect location - the views are amazing whether you are en route to play tennis, playing golf or just walking around the small estate.” October 2019
- Private hot tub on decked area
- Fully-maintained nine-hole golf course and all-weather tennis court
- Private bothy in grounds ideal for children
- Close to Kingussie and Aviemore for pubs, cafes and outdoor activities
- Spacious living spaces for social times and all bedrooms en-suite
Sleeps 24 in Alyth, Perthshire
This beautiful property is perfect for entertaining, surrounded by manicured lawns, orchards and walled gardens within the Perthshire countryside. Bursting with classic charm and traditional warmth, this home offers the perfect rooms for social gatherings, being large and spacious throughout. Everyone will have fun staying here.
“Both Jordanstone House and the Alyth-Blairgowrie area surpassed our expectations and that of our guests. Jordanstone House as a country house is simply spectacular and a great place to entertain guests to the area.” July 2019
- Billiards rooms with pool table and table tennis
- Elegant and spacious for large-scale entertaining
- Tennis courts and croquet lawn
- Alyth and Strathmore golf club both within 2 miles
- Perth and Dundee both 30 minutes away offering city attractions
Sleeps 16 in Kilmarnock, near Glasgow
This amazing historical castle welcomes you into one of its wings, arranged over three floors, offering the ideal location from where to explore the Ayrshire coast. Enjoy every moment of your fairy-tale escape in this regal castle as you take in the traditional decoration, antique furnishings and quirky features. Located within a private 600-acre estate, you can spend leisurely mornings wandering the enchanting grounds, skimming stones at the nearby loch or tucked away in one of the cosy nooks of this ancient castle wing.
“The castle wing was ideal for our large family party - 13 adults and a toddler. It is a real castle so it felt very special, and yet homey and comfortable so we could relax and enjoy ourselves.” August 2019
- Games room with table football
- Large living spaces for social times
- Short drive/taxi ride to Glasgow for restaurants, bars and clubs
- Troon and Turnberry golf clubs close by
- Shops, pubs and cafés close by
*Please note that stag/hen parties are not permitted at this house nor non-family bookings of people under the age of 30.
Sleeps 42 near Dunoon, Argyll and Bute
With plenty of space for up to 42 guests across 19 bedrooms, this is a superb venue for a wedding, large family gathering, corporate function or reunion. The castle offers grand rooms, a fascinating and spacious interior and gorgeous loch views. Music evenings can be arranged – including classical, traditional Scottish or a ceilidh – and the castle is also registered for civil wedding ceremonies.
“This castle is a beautiful building that served our party of 14 well. The owners were very nice and helpful throughout our stay. We held a formal dinner that was catered by "Turnip the Beet" and highly recommend them for this venue.” July 2018
- Children’s play park in the garden
- Indoor swimming pool
- Games room with snooker table
- Music can be arranged – classical, traditional Scottish or a ceilidh
- Great for outdoor pursuits like walking, cycling, forest trails, quad biking and sailing
With every bit of fun comes a sensible word…
These self-catering holiday homes are all designed for their guests to enjoy them and have fun, and the owners of course want you to feel at home. If you are looking to get away with your friends and family to celebrate a special occasion then just keep in mind the care of the property, and treat it like you would your own, or even better!
If you are looking for accommodation for your next celebration, make sure you check out our selection of large party houses in Scotland.